The DC Beane Construction Company on Pier 3 hosted the 2017 Winter Warm-Up, which attracted about 150 people. The Friends of the Charlestown Navy Yard named two organizations and one community leader for its 2017 awards held on March 23. Chair of FCNY, Michael Parker introduced Mayor Marty Walsh by thanking him for his support of the people of Boston who especially are facing challenges of housing and immigration status. Mayor Walsh spoke of his local and national concerns and of optimism for the City’s future. Check out photos by Steve Briggs.
Awards were given to the Charlestown Y (the Anchor Award), the Kennedy Center (the Commandant Award), and Jean Tochterman (the Dave Whelan Community Bridge Award).
Many people helped pitched in to make a successful event including:
- Planning Committee headed by Megan Mulligan, with Sarah Ritch, Kathia Capellupo, Marie Richards, Kira Jacobs, Lois Siegelman, Barbara Mackey
- Food, Service and Décor Donors were Whole Foods, Tito’s Bakery, Nola’s Fresh Foods, Bunker Hill Florists, Dunkin’ Donuts, McCarthy Brothers Liquor, Barbara Tansey Bush, and Steve Briggs.
- Facility host was DC Beane Construction Company
- Raffle Donors were Blackmoor Tavern, Pier 6 Restaurant, Charlestown Massage, Warren Tavern, Cut-Splice, Costa Fruit, Navy Yard Bistro, Harborview Health Club, Charlestown Y, Best Dressed, Downeast Cider, Asana Yoga, and Barbara Mackey
- Sponsors for this year’s event were Costa Fruit, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, MGH Institute, and MGH/Navy Yard
A big thank you to everyone for making this such a special evening.